CVTC Health and Safety
- Family completion of all online forms – Medical form, Parent questionnaire, Health & Wellness Form
- Negative COVID-19 test result for camper prior to arrival at camp – either a rapid antigen test taken within 24 hours of arrival at camp (home tests are acceptable) or a PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival
- Check in will be drop off only. Only campers will be allowed into the campground area.
- At the Health Center by the parking area, trained staff will ask the family the following four questions about your child’s possible exposure and/or contact with communicable diseases and anyone with communicable disease symptoms in the last 14 days:
- Does anyone in your household including the camper have a fever of 100.4 or over?
- Have medications been administered to your child in the past 24 hours to reduce fever?
- Has any member of your household been sick with a common cold or any other contagious illness in the past week?
- Has your camper been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 7 days
- Then a Camper temperature check
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test (a picture on your phone is acceptable) if you haven’t already emailed it –
- Drop off any camper daily medications
- Make any adjustments/corrections to the Medical Form
- There will be a porta potty available for use by the families doing the drop off
- CVTC Staff will greet the arriving camper and escort him/her to their assigned room and assist in carrying the luggage to the room. Their room counselor will
- welcome them to the room
- help them with getting unpacked
- introduce campers to one another and do icebreaker games.
- Camp tour for all new campers
- 4:15 an all-camp meeting on courts 4&5 followed by tennis for all campers on courts 1-5.
Covid-19 testing at camp
- We will use a rapid antigen Covid-19 test for anyone experiencing Covid-19 symptoms.
- Parents of a camper who tests positive for Covid-19 will be notified and arrangements made for picking up the camper to leave camp.
Communicable Disease Precautions
- Daily AM temperature checks for everyone at CVTC
- The sharing of any personal items, including clothing, and tennis rackets will be discouraged.
- Sliding windows in the dorm removed and screens kept in place for greater ventilation
- Isolation area for potential sick campers or staff
- All deliveries are left at the gate to be picked up late in the day by camp staff.
- Signs at our gate state that no one is allowed to enter without a prior approved appointment.
- Kitchen/Dining Area
- Plexiglass divider between kitchen and dining area with plates of food served through the opening below the divider
- Campers will eat with room groups at assigned tables.
- All food will be served by trained CVTC kitchen staff.
Facility Cleaning Procedures – CVTC has received the Gold Seal for meeting and exceeding all requirements from the Monterey County Health Department for our Kitchen/Dining Area and Pool/Spa for the past 24 years. Special attention for excellent ventilation of all closed spaces has always been an important part of the CVTC experience. The entire facility has always been deep cleaned between sessions.
- Campers will wash or sanitize their hands before every meal.
- Room Counselors will encourage/promote good personal hygiene of campers, including daily showers and clean clothes each day.
Staff and Staff Training
- All counselors will be arriving 6-7 days before campers arrive.
- All counselors and staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.