Why choose to come to Carmel Valley Tennis Camp?
We chose CVTC because we wanted the boys to have serious tennis instruction coupled with a broader camp experience. You’ve succeeded in getting the balance just right.Houston, Texas
- Campers improve and learn a lot about tennis ‑ strokes, movement, conditioning, knowledge, sportsmanship and match play.
- Campers create memories and develop friendships that last a lifetime!
- The only people on the 38-acre site are the 52 campers, 18 staff and the Owners and Directors.
- 10 tennis groups of 4-6 campers each allows all levels of players to attend Carmel Valley Tennis Camp, from beginning to ranked tournament players.
- There are many activities (ropes course, archery, swimming pool, hot tub, art house and many more) for campers in addition to the tennis lessons and match play.
- Evening activities are age-appropriate, well planned and fun.
- Delicious healthy food is prepared on site in our commercial kitchen.
- Our camper return rate is around 50% and lots of campers return for many years.
- Tennis counselors are playing college tennis (eg Willamette, Loyola Marymount, Creighton, Princeton, UCLA, Northwestern, Dartmouth, DePauw) and selected as great role models who love working with children.
- Counselors are hired from all over the world and across the US.
- All Staff have been selected to work after an extensive application process with reference and background checks.
- Staff have a 4-day pre camp training and many staff members return for multiple years.
- Carmel Valley Tennis Camp was built as a tennis camp for children ages 10-18. It is family owned and operated by the same family for the past 22 years.
- Carmel Valley Tennis Camp is accredited by the American Camp Association.
- Campers leave camp motivated to play even more tennis!