Why choose to come to Carmel Valley Tennis Camp?
Thank you for another wonderful year at CVTC. This was Isy's 3rd time at camp and according to her "the best year yet!" It is a mark of success when we are barely out of the camp's gates when your child is already talking about how she has to "wait 365 interminable days" until she returns. You have created a warm and loving environment and wonderful memories for our children and I can't thank you enough for that.San Francisco, California
- Campers improve and learn a lot about tennis ‑ strokes, movement, conditioning, knowledge, sportsmanship and match play.
- Campers create memories and develop friendships that last a lifetime!
- The only people on the 38-acre site are the 50 campers, 18 staff and the owners and directors.
- 10 tennis groups of 5 campers each allows all levels of players to attend Carmel Valley Tennis Camp, from beginning to ranked tournament players.
- There are many activities (ropes course, archery, swimming pool, hot tub, art house and many more) for campers in addition to the tennis lessons and match play.
- Evening activities are age-appropriate, well planned and fun.
- Delicious healthy food is prepared on site in our commercial kitchen.
- Our camper return rate is around 50% and lots of campers return for many years.
- Tennis counselors are playing college tennis (eg Willamette, Loyola Marymount, Creighton, Princeton, UCLA, Northwestern, Dartmouth, DePauw) and selected as great role models who love working with children.
- Counselors are hired from all over the world and across the US.
- All Staff have been selected to work after an extensive application process with reference and background checks.
- Staff have a 5-day pre camp training and many staff members return for multiple years.
- Carmel Valley Tennis Camp was built as a tennis camp for children ages 10-18. It is family owned and operated by the same family for the past 20 years.
- Carmel Valley Tennis Camp is accredited by the American Camp Association.
- Campers leave camp motivated to play even more tennis!